Welcome to our Productivity Tip of the Day, where we summarize the best articles from across the web, and extract the key tips and tricks that will help your productivity.
5 Ways to Increase Your Productivity in Creative Work
by Craig Jarrow (@TMNinja)
Key Takeaway: If your work involves creating new concepts, you know that the process can be tough. While there is not one simple way to “be more creative,” there are proven techniques to help you create faster.
Tips & Tricks:
- Do it quick. A rough first draft is better than no draft.
- Play. When you play, joke and have fun, you will come up with creative ideas that you wouldn’t have thought of otherwise.
- Draw or write. Most people create best when they use simple tools like pen and paper. Manual tools will often get you going more than staring at a blank computer screen.
- Repeat. Repetition is one of the best ways to hone your ideas. Your rough draft will improve with each iteration.
- Start over. It can feel like a step back, but each time you do, you will create slightly different and better angles on your concepts.