Before you make any new commitments to improve your productivity, start with creating one root commitment that will help you succeed in all areas of life.
Tips & Tricks
1. Maintain a single root commitment that you’ll stick to no matter what.
- Create a one-pager that describes the key productivity rules, habits, and systems that you currently follow in your life.
2. Then, make the following unbreakable root commitment:
- I will do my best to: (a) follow the processes on this document; and (b) on a regular basis evaluate these processes and update the document to better reflect what’s working and what’s not, as well as what’s important to me and what’s not.
3. Finally, print it out so that it becomes a real document.
What this does:
- Minimizes open loops, or unwritten commitments.
- Motivates you with the clarity of a physical document.
- Allows you to easily modify productivity processes.
Need a stronger technique to become productive? Use a commitment device.