A weekly preview can be one of the most productive things you do each week. It can be the difference between a smooth and stress-free week, and one that goes off-the-rails and leaves you exhausted.
Tips & Tricks:
- Check Your List. Know what you need to do and prioritize your tasks. Avoid being busy with menial to-dos.
- Review Your Calendar. Make sure that you block time for your projects and priorities. Confirm appointments and resolve any conflicts before they cause issues.
- Clean Up Last Week. Carry forward any undone to-dos. Uncover actions needed for this week.
- Do that Important Task. Always do your most important task first.
- Get Enough Rest. Get enough rest before you begin your week, or you will be dragging your heels from the outset.
- Pack Your Gear. Make sure you pack your important items before heading out the door. Better yet, pack them the night before.
- Get Email Working for You. Send off emails before the week begins to get tasks in motion.
- Confirm Appointments. Always confirm your appointments in advance.
- Delegate Tasks. Get tasks delegated to the appropriate people before the week begins, to avoid being the cause of a bottleneck.
- Review Your Goals. Make sure you are making conscious choices about your actions and where they will take you.
These are just a few good habits to start a productive week. Here are our best articles for building productive habits.